Frequently Asked Questions

What is this site?
‘Report it’ enables you to report issues on the streets of Westminster such as fly tipping and damaged pavements, to the Council. It’s the quickest and easiest way to report an issue.
How do I get in touch with Westminster City Council regarding ‘Report it’?
If you are experiencing any technical issues with the ‘Report it’ tool please let us know using our contact page.
What sort of problems can I report with ‘Report it’?

We’re rolling out this new version of ‘Report it’ using the FixMyStreet platform and so at this stage you can report the following issues using this tool:

  • Fly tipping
  • Street cleaning
  • Street lights
  • Drains
  • Signs and bollards

To report other issues , you can visit our website.

Over the coming months, more of the Council’s services will be connected to the FixMyStreet platform, as well as adding more functions.

What shouldn’t I use ‘Report it’ for?

‘Report it’ is not a way of getting in touch with the Council for all issues – please use this site only for problems such as those listed above. The site and this page will be updated as more services are added to Westminster’s FixMyStreet ‘Report it’ platform.

Using this site for other matters may result in a delay in your report getting to the right department.

You will need to contact the Council directly for problems not listed above. You can view more reporting methods on the Westminster City Council’s website.

How do I use the site?
After entering a postcode or location, you’ll see a map of that area. You can view problems already reported in that area, or report ones of your own by clicking on the map at the location of the problem.
How are the problems solved?
They are reported to the relevant services at Westminster City Council who will then investigate and respond.
Is it free?
Yes, the site is free to use for logging reports.
Can I use ‘Report it’ on my mobile?
Yes, the ‘Report it’ website adapts to work on your mobile phone’s browser.
Is there an app I can download?

Yes, see our instructions on how to download the Westminster City Council reporting app.

Who built Report it?
The FixMyStreet Platform was built by mySociety. Westminster City Council is customising the platform for its residents and users.