You can move around with your keyboard
Drop pin on the map to start a new report
Press space again to adjust the location
Start new report here Reposition report here
Back to all reports

Road accident

Reported via mobile in the Street works and obstructions category anonymously at 23:34, Tue 7 November 2023

Sent to Westminster City Council less than a minute later. FixMyStreet ref: 5186515.

Urgent Complaint and Request for Compensation - Road Accident

Dear sirs,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to report a distressing incident that recently occurred, and I would like to file a formal complaint and request compensation for the damages and injuries I sustained. The incident transpired due to roadworks conducted by a company called Add living and it has had a severe impact on my well-being.

On the 31 st of October the incident, I was leaving my flat when I inadvertently fell into a sizable hole in the road. To my shock, there were no warning signs or barriers to indicate the presence of this hazard, which was a result of the ongoing roadwork by the company Add Living The fall was quite severe, resulting in numerous bruises on my legs, I could not breath afterwards and it caused significant damage to my clothing.

Even more concerning is the intense pain I am experiencing in my back, which has left me bedridden. I immediately sought medical attention, visiting the hospital (ST Mary’s Hospital)for an evaluation , Scan and treatment. Subsequently, I consulted with my GP, who provided additional documentation regarding my condition.

I have attached images of my injuries, as well as the medical reports from the hospital and my GP for your reference.

Given the distressing and painful nature of this incident, I couldn’t sleep all night form the pain . Iwould like to file a formal complaint against the company Add Living for their negligence in ensuring the safety of the roadworks. Furthermore, I kindly request that the council initiate an investigation into this matter and take appropriate action to prevent such incidents in the future.

Additionally, I am seeking compensation for the physical injuries, medical expenses, and the damage to my clothing. This compensation would assist in covering the costs associated with my recovery and the inconvenience this incident has caused me.

I am eager to work with the council to ensure that this issue is resolved promptly and fairly. Your immediate attention and assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Sincerely, Maryam

RSS feed of updates to this problem Receive email when updates are left on this problem.

This report is now closed to updates. You can make a new report in the same location.